godfatherK (godfatherK@we.mediaone.net)
Sun, 24 Oct 1999 07:30:26 -0700

hello, i just joined the hello, i just joined the m@illist...

if i may, i'd like to tell just a wee bit about meself... before asking
questions...
i've known about gundam since its very first day in the 80's...
i lived in south korea...
i've never watched a television, or video, or movie of gundam, but have
always been fascinated with the models...
when i was much younger, i haphazardly bought a few gundam models, and
built them instensely...
and, when i moved to u.s.a. about a decade ago, i thought my days with
gundam was over for good...
then, about a couple of years ago, i found out that there exist import
stores carrying gundam models...
well, i bought a few to rekindle my gundam model memories...

now...
although i have built/assembled a few tens of gundam models, i have never
painted the models whatsoever...
and...
i wish to keep a rigid collection of gundam models... i've never really
kept the models i had built... (what a waste!)
what i mean is that...
i want to learn to paint the gundam models... and, become a true model
maker/collector...
what do i need? where do i learn?

please keep in mind that i really do not know anything about model
painting...
i have a vague notion of airbrush... only that airbrush is the most
optimal tool for model painting...
and, that one still needs small brushes for detailing...
but, i don't know what kinds of paints to use... or where to buy them...
i don't know what it means to "prime" the models...
i have never used airbrush... where do i learn the techniques?
i don't know if one should paint before assembly or after assembly...
in general... i want to learn to paint my gundam models...

oh, and is hobbylink japan that only real good source for model
purchasing?

and is www.animevillage.com the only place to purchase gundam video from?

thank you!