Kaworu Nagisa (17thangel@tokyo-3.com)
Sun, 24 Oct 1999 06:28:50 -0400

>okie...on another online forum (an ad&d one at that!)
>
>the subject of anime and sexism came up...

><<<iím an anime fan whoís farkiní tired of anime being
>slammed as a sexist porn cartoon.>>>
>
>that above snippet was mine...and a response was...

>"It *is* a porn cartoon, [garrick]. It plays on the
>Japanese obsession with school girls. They even have
>school girl underwear dispensers in some parts of
>Japan and Hong Kong."
>
>maybe there was humor intended in that post, but it
>zoomed over my head. how do you respond to that kind
>of accusation?
>
>-garrick
>the disgruntled

 How do I respond to that? Well, I *ahem* like pretty schoolgirls. Besides, I like seeing cute anime chicks better than most cartoon girls. Does that always concern sex and perversion? No. In most "non-adult" anime, usually shonen, the guys do have a little perversion here and there, but they always end up respecting (and sometimes even fearing) the girls. It really depends on how you look at it. You know better than those people who think that "anime=porn cartoons", so don't waste your time arguing with them. Just stick to the sensible anime fans,
you know, like us, your buddies in this ML ^_^

Kaworu Nagisa (aka Veilchen)