Flanker358@aol.com
Sat, 23 Oct 1999 22:27:03 EDT

> Oh crap!! this is what I really didn't want to happen! if you've paid
> attention to some of my thoughts about this series its mostly negative,
VERY
> negative.

 <Rant on W Sniped>

    Well, everyone is entitled to their opinion. But GW is a great way to
introduce to people to gundam. I mean how else would you get them interested?
show them the orginal? Z? ZZ? V? I don't think so. the OVAs are too short for
tv-runs. and obiviously G and X aren't good representations of Gundam.(People
may not get past the silly gundam fights of G to get to the great
storyline.....as for X....well enough have been said about that.). W has
everything that can get a person that never watched gundam to be interested.

    Besides that, I happen to think W is a fairly good show, I mean you can
yell about originality all you want, but originality does not make a good
show when it's poorly thought out and executed. Especially when you consider
GW to be "re-vamped" but not Z or V or any other Gundam show that carries the
same themes from the orginal gundam. I 'd rather watch a Z remake than the
latter half of X again....

    So what if the ML wants to talk about GW? I mean as long as people focus
on things like storyline it can be good discussion material. There has been
too much heat on W for no reason other than it tries to follow some of the
more "pop" trends in anime. At lease that's the way I see it.

    BTW I watched W after I have seen the Original Series, Z, CCA, F91, 0080,
and 0083, So don't say I'm defending W because I watched it first or
something...