MS06ZAK@aol.com
Sat, 23 Oct 1999 19:50:10 EDT

In a message dated 10/23/99 5:34:59 PM Central Daylight Time, gundam@loop.com
writes:

<< >Now I know with Turn A Gundam's "popularity" on the list, most of you
won't
>touch the models with a ten foot pole.

 Hmm, and I thought I was in the minority because it seemed everyone loved it.

>But for the rest of you I mustwarn
>you not to get the 1/100 Sumo. The model is designed horribly. It is
>incredibly flopp and it can't stay in any poses.

 How can that be? Wasn't Syd a genius designer whose industrial design
 background led to major credibility in mechanical design, thus the kit
 shouldn't suck like this?

 <that was meant to be sarcastic, in case you are humor impaired>

>I am a fairly advanced
>modeler so don't start thinking that I put it together shabbily. The legs
>are horrible. The thighs are connected to the lower legs solely by the back
>of the knee pad,

 Eek!

>there is know knee block like we are all used to.

 Well, Tomino did want to stir things up with Turn A...

>And the
>shoulders are a joke too. The arms are connected to the shoulders by
fitting
>in a plastic C shaped piece of armor which then tries to squeeze inside the
>shoulders.

 Wait until they do away with polycaps all together. ;) These pricy kits
 aren't labeled HG for a damn good reason, ya know.

>I actually like Turn A Gundam the show and the robot designs,
>but this model is horrible, truly horrible. It's a shame too, since the
Sumo
>is an interesting looking robot.
>
>Jason

 They are probably doing horrible kits on purpose so as to leave room for
 Turn A toys (the Nano Chogokin is out already, with a larger, fully colored
 chogokin toy for 7,800 yen on the way, and perhaps MG kits a few years down
 the road - YEAH RIGHT!)

 Eddie >>

Actually it has poly caps. IT just doesn't put them in what would seem to be
the obvious locations. it is very floppy, I just wanted to protect
everyone else, because if I knew what it would turn out like I woulld've got
something else instead. You can say that the reason it is constructed the
way it is because of Syd's design.but it also could just be that Bandai is
sticking all of the good designers in the MG and PG depts. and putting the
morons in the Turn A dept.

Jason