-Z- (Z@Gundam.Com)
Sat, 23 Oct 1999 14:55:30 -0700

At 06:14 10/24/1999 +0800, you wrote:
>Yes, I suppose that it does contribute at least some damage...would the
>idea of pinpoint damage work in this case...a shield will only scorch at
>flat side, because of dissipation of the concentration of attack, while the
>edge becomes deadly because of smaller area off attack and same amount of
>energy flowing through?

You'd get a similar effect with the Zeon heat hawk or heat sword, which is
just a highly-conductive metal superheated by an electric current from the
fusion reactor. The flat of the weapon would simply be a hot surface,
while the edge would be, well, a sharp edge that's also heated to several
hundred degrees.

But any beam weapon would be heated to several thousand degrees, so I'd
expect even the flat side of a beam shield to do much more than merely scorch.

-Z-