-Z- (Z@Gundam.Com)
Sat, 23 Oct 1999 13:13:29 -0700

At 21:01 10/22/1999 -0400, you wrote:
> If Gundam is popular enough there, having a name taken from a character
>might actually turn out pretty cool. I dunno.

Being named after something popular is no better than being named something
ridiculous. When I was growing up, the big thing on TV was Walt Disney's
Davy Crockett. I got so sick of the name "Davy" -- everyone assumed that
I'd be pleased to share the name of this famous and popular personage and
never bothered to ask -- that to this day I automatically correct anyone
who shortens my name in any way, shape or form.

> But anyway, those things you
>mentioned, exactly my reasons for wanting to live in Japan. I could be
>wrong, but is it true that in Japan you could dress, wear your hair, color
>your hair, do anything to yourself, and the people wouldn't make such a big
>deal of it? If so, that's my kinda place ^_^

In America, the popular saying is that the squeaky wheel gets the grease.
In Japan, the popular saying is that the nail that stands up gets hammered
down.

Does that answer your question?

-Z-