Kaworu Nagisa (17thangel@tokyo-3.com)
Fri, 22 Oct 1999 21:01:14 -0400

>Children can be cruel. Believe me, I know. I grew up constantly being
>teased because I was intelligent, because I liked to read...

 That's true, but that case isn't always limited to childhood. Me, despite having an ordinary name, I've been constantly been the laughing stock and the butt end of jokes from eversince I can remember. Especially from the late elementary till college, just because of my interest
in anime and tokusatsu. I used to get into a fight at least once a year then. It is not only children that are cruel. People are cruel >:(

>Well, you get
>the picture. While I would love to see Joaquin and Linette name their child
>after a Gundam Character, I also know that, unless the name is from someone
>with a reasonably normal and (forgive me if this sounds racist, but because
>they live in the US...) American name, this probably should not be
>considered as an option, unless they want to spend years comforting the
>child when he or she is teased constantly, or even beaten up, because there
>is something different about them... This is the sort of thing that caused
>me to have to deal with years of counciling. The psychological traumas of
>teasing and abuse by peer groups are just as bad as those from Parental
>abuse, and we must not forget this...

 If Gundam is popular enough there, having a name taken from a character might actually turn out pretty cool. I dunno. But anyway, those things you mentioned, exactly my reasons for wanting to live in Japan. I could be wrong, but is it true that in Japan you could dress, wear your hair, color your hair, do anything to yourself, and the people wouldn't make such a big deal of it? If so, that's my kinda place ^_^

Kaworu Nagisa (aka Veilchen)