Kaworu Nagisa (17thangel@tokyo-3.com)
Fri, 22 Oct 1999 06:31:51 -0400

>ehhm...actually, i'm starting to like them funky anime
>music. they're growing on me.

 Actually, I like Japanese (anime) songs better than songs of any other language. Would you believe? I memorized a couple of anime songs (including Flying in the Sky) and I haven't memorized any English or Filipino song? Back in
highsdchool, we had a project in our Music subject wherein you'll have to sing solo or with a group. I had to
sing solo since my choice of songs were robot anime opening themes... heck, my supposed-to-be-partner deserted me ^^;

>even g gundam's first
>opening song (even if it has that annoying "shining
>finger" in the lyrics...it's just so funny...) maybe
>it's because they sound so much like 80's music.

 It's not that annoying... I've been trying to translate
 a couple of songs and "Flying in the Sky" is on the
 top of my list. Actually, I'm very close to completing
 the translation, thanks to Mirai-san. (By the way, how
 are you Mirai-san?). Anyway, here's the translation I
 came up with for the chorus:

  FLYING IN THE SKY
  soaring higher endlessly in the great sky
  SHINING FINGER
  a brilliant light illuminating the ends of the Earth,
  a spell calling (for) a miracle

  (Corrections are welcome ^_^)

 I'm gonna open a lyrics page soon, so I hope you find my translation good enough ^_^;

>off topic question 1: why do japanese songs contain a
>fair number of english words? (i think they're the
>only language that incorporates another language in
>their music as-a-matter-of-factly) not that i'm
>complaining, since those few english words are
>probably the only ones i understand. :P (shoulda
>stayed awake in japanese class...)

 What are you saying? There are some Filipino songs that incorporates the English language as well...

Kaworu Nagisa (aka Veilchen)