Richie Ramos (gaijin@i-manila.com.ph)
Thu, 21 Oct 1999 01:12:16 +0800

>uhm...while i was snooping around some model kit
>shops, i had the opportunity to overhear (translated
>from filipino to english): "gundam? no not that
>again! it breaks so easily, and we'll have to put it
>back together again or buy another one!"
>this was from a hassled mom of many kids that were
>gaping and aping at the "toys" on display. the sad
>truth --> to many parents who don't know better,
>gundam model kits (among other model kits) are cheap
>fragile toys.

This is exactly what I was afraid of...the salespeople are pushing it as
toys to assemble, not realizing that this is not exactly a good strategy
for return customers...which they don't care about really, as long as they
get the damn toys of their shelves.

>if they think model kits are fragile, what would they
>think of those g gundam toys? i had the opportunity
>to play with one (while the store owner (of comic
>express, for you filipinos) was opening and inspecting
>each g gundam), and i couldn't even pose the thing
>without something CREAKING, and CRACKING or just plain
>making weird little noises somewhere here or there.
>come to think of it, i couldn't pose the thingy at
>all. the damn thing's just too brittle. (i had to
>stop trying to pose the thing coz the store owner
>snatched it away from me, afraid that i'd break it
>before he got to sell it :P)
>-garrick

That's coz those are the China remakes...I have a first genearation version
of those toys, which cost a hundred bucks more, and damn, they are a damn
sight better in construction sturdiness.

"Magic is the hand of faith..."

Richard Ramos
Svengali, Artificer and Spellcrafter
ICQ#12914919