James L. Ravelo II (jravelo2@pacific.net.ph)
Wed, 20 Oct 1999 15:41:58 +0800

Chaos025@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 10/19/99 7:34:38 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
> jravelo2@pacific.net.ph writes:
>
> > I think those parents ought to know the difference between a MODEL KIT
> > and a TOY...gee...I hate people who, after explaining it to them the nth
> > time, still don't get the difference between the two...
>
> And what exactly is the difference? I use my model kits as either table top
> miniatures (i.e., toys), or for display (i.e., dolls). How do you use them?
>
> SJ

sorry but I can't exactly tell you the difference, though I'll try to
explain through this comparison:

toy ---> DX Wing Gundam/any wind-up car with flashy extras like sirens
and light up blah-blahs
model kit ---> 1/100 HG Wing Gundam/ 1/24 Castrol Tom's Toyota Supra GT
with minute suspension, cockpit and body details (I LOVE THAT CAR!!!)
<sorry for the plug ^_^ >
respectively.

I'm not that good at expressing myself in this department so please bear
with my explanation. If any of you have a better explanation of what a
toy is versus a model kit, please post it, anyway, this is only what I
think, other people's opinions may vary. With respect to use...I don't
know...I'm basing it on the aspect of the object details and such.