Tue, 19 Oct 1999 23:13:32 EDT
In a message dated 10/19/99 11:04:26 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
<< Common misconceptions about/regarding anime:
1) Anime is "kid's stuff"; so to say, "I don't watch cartoons that
much" or "Cartoons!?"... duh.
2) Many mistake the main character as the coolest/best character...
3) "Bishonens are fags" ... triple duh.
4) "Guys who watch shojo-anime are fags" ... duh x 4
5) Yeah, they call it "bold cartoons" and stuff like that... oh my.
6) Many think it's all just about giant robots, super fighting, sexy
babes, without ever considering or paying attention to the story. How
7) "Chinese?" ~_~;
Did I miss any?
Now that I think about it, people who say that "cartoons
are for kids" (regarding anime) are also the kind of
people that, if ever would happen to appreciate any
anime at all, would be because of the flashy fighting
and other superficial stuff. Like, when there's an all
talk & dialogue scene, they'd say something like; "oh crap, all talk... I
wanna see the action!" *ahem* So
who's got childish tastes now? Ironic, isn't it?
Sorry folks, just something I wanna let out. >>
It sure is ironic. I've noticed the same thing you've just described. I hope
the rumored Cartoon Network all anime channel is true. Hopefully, it will
make anime respected in America.
Gundam Mailing List Archives are available at http://gundam.aeug.org/
This archive was generated by hypermail 2.0b3 on Wed Oct 20 1999 - 12:16:09 JST