Kaworu Nagisa (email@example.com)
Tue, 19 Oct 1999 23:04:58 -0400
Common misconceptions about/regarding anime:
1) Anime is "kid's stuff"; so to say, "I don't watch cartoons that much" or "Cartoons!?"... duh.
2) Many mistake the main character as the coolest/best character... double duh.
3) "Bishonens are fags" ... triple duh.
4) "Guys who watch shojo-anime are fags" ... duh x 4
5) Yeah, they call it "bold cartoons" and stuff like that... oh my.
6) Many think it's all just about giant robots, super fighting, sexy babes, without ever considering or paying attention to the story. How shallow.
7) "Chinese?" ~_~;
Did I miss any?
Now that I think about it, people who say that "cartoons
are for kids" (regarding anime) are also the kind of
people that, if ever would happen to appreciate any
anime at all, would be because of the flashy fighting
and other superficial stuff. Like, when there's an all
talk & dialogue scene, they'd say something like; "oh crap, all talk... I wanna see the action!" *ahem* So
who's got childish tastes now? Ironic, isn't it?
Sorry folks, just something I wanna let out.
Kaworu Nagisa (aka Veilchen)
Get Free Email, Anime News, and The Best Prices at http://AnimeNation.com
Gundam Mailing List Archives are available at http://gundam.aeug.org/
This archive was generated by hypermail 2.0b3 on Wed Oct 20 1999 - 12:06:13 JST