Kaworu Nagisa (17thangel@tokyo-3.com)
Tue, 19 Oct 1999 23:04:58 -0400

Common misconceptions about/regarding anime:

1) Anime is "kid's stuff"; so to say, "I don't watch cartoons that much" or "Cartoons!?"... duh.

2) Many mistake the main character as the coolest/best character... double duh.

3) "Bishonens are fags" ... triple duh.

4) "Guys who watch shojo-anime are fags" ... duh x 4

5) Yeah, they call it "bold cartoons" and stuff like that... oh my.

6) Many think it's all just about giant robots, super fighting, sexy babes, without ever considering or paying attention to the story. How shallow.

7) "Chinese?" ~_~;

 Did I miss any?

 Now that I think about it, people who say that "cartoons
 are for kids" (regarding anime) are also the kind of
 people that, if ever would happen to appreciate any
 anime at all, would be because of the flashy fighting
 and other superficial stuff. Like, when there's an all
 talk & dialogue scene, they'd say something like; "oh crap, all talk... I wanna see the action!" *ahem* So
 who's got childish tastes now? Ironic, isn't it?

 Sorry folks, just something I wanna let out.

Kaworu Nagisa (aka Veilchen)