garrick lee (kapshiaw@yahoo.com)
Tue, 19 Oct 1999 19:16:15 -0700 (PDT)

uhm...while i was snooping around some model kit
shops, i had the opportunity to overhear (translated
from filipino to english): "gundam? no not that
again! it breaks so easily, and we'll have to put it
back together again or buy another one!"

this was from a hassled mom of many kids that were
gaping and aping at the "toys" on display. the sad
truth --> to many parents who don't know better,
gundam model kits (among other model kits) are cheap
fragile toys.

if they think model kits are fragile, what would they
think of those g gundam toys? i had the opportunity
to play with one (while the store owner (of comic
express, for you filipinos) was opening and inspecting
each g gundam), and i couldn't even pose the thing
without something CREAKING, and CRACKING or just plain
making weird little noises somewhere here or there.
come to think of it, i couldn't pose the thingy at
all. the damn thing's just too brittle. (i had to
stop trying to pose the thing coz the store owner
snatched it away from me, afraid that i'd break it
before he got to sell it :P)

-garrick

=====