Jill Christensen (jill_christensen@mcad.edu)
19 Oct 1999 08:34:51 -0500

I always thought that while the impact would certainly kill off a lot of people, that the goal was to render earth uninhabitable by creating "nuclear winter" of the sort that killed off the dinosaurs. That would compel the people left on earth to finally migrate to the colonies (as was originally planned duting the Great Migration). This would put a final end to the earthenoid vs spacenoid power struggle. I don't think Char counted on Nu Gundam's psychoframe having the Newtype horsepower to stop Axis.
As for the "find-me-Amuro-I'm-being-underhanded" bit: I thought he was referring to Amuro tracking Char down before the colony drop (possibly) then and there on Side 6. Which Amuro did, and settling the dispute which they didn't. Afterall, Char's obsession with Amuro seems to outweigh his political aspirations. The colonly drop plan seems like a bait to Amuro. That's why I suspect Char's gone off the deep end in CCA.
Jill