Burke Rukes (wedgeantilles98@hotmail.com)
Mon, 18 Oct 1999 06:01:35 PDT

Aaron writes,

>Can Japanese DVD's run on an American PC? I'm getting a new Computer
> >before the end of the year, with a DVD drive, and if yes, then I can
> >watch them on my new Computer. I'll probably have video out on my >new
>PC's video card, so I can watch DVD's on my TV. I am very >interested in
>watching Turn A.

A friend of mine did some investigating for this very thing. Hi-Val puts
out a DVD-ROM kit that does allow you to disable both macrovision and region
coding.

Another friend of mine here in Dallas has a DVD player that's
"frankensteined" to disable region coding and macrovision as well. He is
the subtitler otherwise known as NT-Anime, and he's agreed to subtitle Turn
A for me if we can find some scripts. That is, assuming AnimeVillage
doesn't say that they're gonna do it first.

-Burke "Burkenator" Rukes
wedgeantilles98@hotmail.com