mirai y (eacmd@hotmail.com)
Sun, 17 Oct 1999 11:34:25 EDT

>From: "Paul Fields" <johnny_raiden@hotmail.com>

>Not so uniquely American either... Sunrise used
>Limited Animation in Zeta Gundam all the time.

Paul is right. The number of cells per second is much less on current
Japanese animation that it was in the old American cartoons or any of the
Disney features. One of the complaints I hear from Americans not used to
watching anime (i.e. my husband) is that the mouth movements are unnatural.
This is because they use less cells per opening of the mouth than in a
typical American cartoon.
It all has to do with the budget.

mirai y