Chaos025@aol.com
Fri, 15 Oct 1999 14:40:13 EDT

In a message dated 10/15/99 6:47:43 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
MS06ZAK@aol.com writes:

> In fact isn't it odd how alot of the UC mechs look like
> hybrids off of the original series?? Don't they have any originality???

Actually, those are crossover designs that provide more continuity between
shows. The GM is the best example of this, followed closely by the Zaku.
There are GM Mk I's in all of the OYW shows, but a GM Custom was needed in
0083 as an origin for the GM Quell in Zeta. The GM Mk II's in Zeta lead to GM
Mk III's and Jegans by the time of CCA. In F91, Jegans are being phased out
for RGM-111's, and in Victory, the RGM-111 was replaced by the RGM-117 and
RGM-122. Continuity. Old views can see something familier in new shows, while
new views will have something familier hwen watching older shows.

SJ