Chris Beilby (cbeilby@hotmail.com)
Fri, 15 Oct 1999 16:56:50 GMT

>From: "Kaworu Nagisa" <17thangel@tokyo-3.com>
>To: gundam@aeug.org
>Subject: [gundam][OT] Cthulhu in Ghostbusters?
>Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 12:47:24 -0400
>
> >Ok, Cthulu is a being and a series of Mythos
> >made popular in this century by the writings
> >of H.P Lovecraft. Cthulu the being is a large
> >tentacle creature that sleeps under the ocean
> >the legends say he will rise, and devour cities.
> >Cthulu the mythos revolves around the Old Ones
> >but its easier to say Cthulu than Old Ones.
>
> D, did you say, "tentacle creature"? Tell me, is
> it kinda like Urotsukidoji or something? Wait a
> minute... I could remember this Ghostbusters episode
> wherein they dealt with a cult and this giant squid
> thing... was that supposed to be Cthulhu? It was an
> episode I was hoping to catch on the recent set of
> reruns, but I don't think it was ever shown again.

That is the exact episode I was refering to. However, because it was an
animated series aimed (supposedly) at kids, they couldn't put the true
horror of the Lovecraft stories into it... And they are nothing like
Urutsuki Doji by any means.

> >To say you couldn't find it on the net, I find
> >disturbing... Look up Cthulu, and or H.P Lovecraft
> >and you should be able to find plenty, a library
> >might have some of the books as well.
>
> Hmm... maybe I spelled it incorrectly before... ^^;

Possible. It's not exactly an easy word to spell.

> >I can see why the school library and encyclopedia
> >wouldn't have it though. The dictionary wouldn't
> >have it either.
> >
> >Paul
>

> Is it really that "heavy"?
>
>Kaworu Nagisa (aka Veilchen)

Oh, like I said, they are some of the darkest and most terrifying stories
ever written, relying on psychology to create true terror.