Paul Fields (johnny_raiden@hotmail.com)
Fri, 15 Oct 1999 12:46:38 EDT

Richie Ramos Wrote

>BUt it makes me
>wonder, too: aside from the guns, was there ever an MS designed solely for
>Anti-personnel?

Um... The Side 6 guys in 0080 had the junior mobile suit
looking things that probably had tear gas, and other AP
nasties. The Zaku commander in 08th MS team had the nail
bomb. Zeon had lots of anti-colonist stuff, and in a game
I played in we loaded rubber rounds into our Headcannons
and rifles on our GMs to go put down a food riot in India.
This sniper gave us some trouble, so I snuck up to the
windows where he was hiding, and pushed the MG barrel into
it, we had little rubber balls bouncing all over the room
there was little more than a red coat of paint left by the
time I put my sensor eye into the room. These were of a low
velocity type round, so they would hit, but not kill, and
would bounce too, instead of just punch throught the walls.

> >>Another thing would be a good POV from civilians..you know, MS fighting
>in
> >>the
> >>background, but actually the story is about the odyssey of the war
>refugees
> >>themselves. Great possibility for character cameos.
> >Um wasn't that THE whole point of 0080?
> >Paul
>
>Yah, but it still had MS pilots involved. I want NO MS pilots
>involved...really just the war from a refugee standpoint!

Um... ok so maybe we just have the MS run around and
shoot up the town. Move around, use their loudspeakers
every now and then, but never see a pilot. I'd assume
we see Fed ground troops, Zeon Ground pounders, and lots
of displaced Refugees...

We see more of that in 0080, the first episode of MS
Gundam and 08th MS Team than in any other Gundam series
but we will probably never see an all pedestrian Gundam.
Also for everything Gundam X isn't, we do see the kid
pull a Luke Skywalker on the Zaku clone in the first Ep.
He runs up to it with a shook up bottle of cola, threw it
into the MS Monoeye, coating it with foam. Grapples the
waist of the MS with a speedline, and zips up the line
to the cockpit hatch of the MS, pulls the Pilot Emergency
lever to open the cockpit (those things should require a
keycode or something) he pulls his pistol on the Pilot
and tells him to get out... Basically he carjacked him.

Another friend of mine got shot down in space in Gundam
as a role playing game we were playing in 0083, and he
had ejected, we we're Zeon, and he jetpacked over to a
GM, pulled the Emergency Lever, opening the cockpit to
space, and Carjacked an enemy Mobile Suit.

Paul