Thu, 14 Oct 1999 21:47:25 +0100

In message <19991014170109.48284.qmail@hotmail.com>, Chris Beilby
<cbeilby@hotmail.com> writes

>>From: "Kaworu Nagisa" <17thangel@tokyo-3.com>
>>To: gundam@aeug.org
>>Subject: Re: [gundam] Anime VS Cartoons
>>Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 09:50:27 -0400
(snip)
>Oh, I wholeheartedly agree. Mummies Alive is, to me, pure eye candy. I
>watch the show because of the visuals. Personally, I find the writing to be
>substandard (although good by american kidvid standards.) However, even in
>the 80s, there were some standouts. Look at the first two seasons of the
>DiC Ghostbusters (based on the Ivan Riteman movie, as opposed to the
>Filmation Series, which was inspired by a couple of grade B schlock comedies
>from the 50s.) The first season or two of Ghostbusters stands out, due to
>the writing, even though the animation was substandard.) Any Show which has
>episodes based on Film Noir, Bad 50s Science Fiction Films (and penned by
>David Gerrold no less,) or Lovecraft (Never thought /I'd/ see Cuthulu in a
>cartoon!) is a lot of fun, but is decidedly NOT just a kids show.

        Just for the information, one reason why The Real Ghostbusters
scripts might have been a cut above the norm was that the writer would
eventually move onto bigger things.
        About 250,000 tons of spinning metal, all alone in the night,
that sort of bigger things ^_^
        (the very same also worked on the Captain Power show... )

Everyones a noble mind; | |
Believing in a sign of Zeta, | |
Beyond the hard times from now! | |