Thu, 14 Oct 1999 11:55:09 -0700 (PDT)

On Oct 14, 4:08am, Edward Ju wasted bandwidth discussing:
> Subject: Re: [gundam] The Uglyness of Turn X
> >In a message dated 10/13/99 4:21:18 PM US Mountain Standard Time,

> There's money to make, and there's MONEY to make. Take all the Star Wars
> novels out there. Turn a good one into a feature film? Why bother? You
> can't sell novelization of the movie, because the original novel has been
> out there. Make the X-wing vs. TIE Fighter game into a Star Wars movie?
> Why make a film based on merchandise made to support another film in the
first
> place? I mean the idea sounds really good on paper, but if you've played
> Street Fighter: the Movie then you'll know how bad such an idea can be.
>
> Eddie

I hope you're not looking into a career in marketing. Have you not heard
of the concept of a movie reinvigorating interest in a book, say, like
"Starship Troopers"? Saying nothing of the movie or the acting, the book
benefitted from a new cover and all the interest in toys and whatnot. Why
make a film based on merchandise made to support another film in the first
place? Because the original film gets renewed interest (video sales, toys,
etc.) along with the new movie/series. You've never heard of sequels?
Remakes? How many Titanic movies have been made over the years? Sure,
there are bad executions of good ideas. So what.

Alfred.

--
"...with a tale that will soon be classic
 about a woman you already know.

Alfred Urrutia - Disney FA - 818.526.3338 - alfredu@fa.disney.com -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-