Thu, 14 Oct 1999 10:24:56 -0700 (PDT)

On Oct 14, 12:55pm, Richie Ramos wasted bandwidth discussing:
> Subject: Re: [gundam] The Uglyness of Turn X

> Yeah...Gundam I think simply followed a look that reminded everyone of
> everything else...A great marketing ploy, to be sure, but it DOES tend to
> get old and tired eventually. The making of new designs, and then showing
> off old suits as well (classics, even), married to what seems to be a good
> storyline that connects to the original series, well...It's a great
> marketing strategy, if you think about it. You capitalize on the old
> designs, and link in people's minds the connection of the new and the old
> via story and reappearances of old MS's. not bad. It's risky, but if it
> works, it will allow Gundam to expand into new design and story territory....

What I like is some of the obscure old designs that they could bring forward
with a plan like that. That Capule or whatever it is looks great as a model
kit. Why not do that with a few more old classics?

Alfred.

--
"...with a tale that will soon be classic
 about a woman you already know.

Alfred Urrutia - Disney FA - 818.526.3338 - alfredu@fa.disney.com --------------------------------------------------------------------------