Richie Ramos (gaijin@i-manila.com.ph)
Wed, 13 Oct 1999 18:45:59 +0800

>>Sure, the Westerners haven't quite mastered the core elements like the
>>underage sex scenes, the required nuke blast that takes out Tokyo *again*
>>(although I suppose for the U.S. we'd substitute New York), the young
>>whiner kid who, by virtue of his scheming father gene-engineering him,
>>is more capable of operating the super weapon mech than any pilot who's
>>actually trained for it, the idol singer love triangle, etc. etc. You
>>seriously want an entire second set of animators and directors producing
>>*more* of that stuff? Maybe a team of girls in Catholic school uniforms
>>saving the Earth while at the same time prickteasing every boy in their
>>classes? Certainly there needs to be an Emmy category for that, it's
>>been ignored for too long. Maybe I'm alone here but I'd welcome a new
>>approach to some of that.

Hmmm. well said. There are a lot of good things about anime, but like all
art forms, it does have its own shortcomings. Like this thing for Sailor
girl uniforms, as well as having underaged angsty kid-heroes.

"Magic is the hand of faith..."

Richard Ramos
Svengali, Artificer and Spellcrafter
ICQ#12914919