Richie Ramos (gaijin@i-manila.com.ph)
Wed, 13 Oct 1999 01:20:01 +0800

> Wait, what I meant with "aesthetics" is... well, try
> comparing the mecha designs of Battletech with that
> of Macross or Gundam. I think you'll see what I mean.

so that's battletech. so what? I liked the story. it was more for story
in my case, since i knew that the designs they were using were taken off
anime anyway...

>>but it has a certain grittiness that I like over anime. also, why not look
>>at stuff like the Last Unicorn and Flight of Dragons? aren't they great?
> The Last Unicorn? Wasn't that an anime? Cool! Flight of
> the Dragons sounds familiar...

heheheh. those two were combination of american and Japanese work.

>>I dunno. it's just that saying only Japanese can do Anime and NO ONE else
>>should sounds really...ugh.
> Well, if non-Japanese will do anime and keep the nice
> anime elements intact, fine. But what if they don't?
> Wouldn't that be just horrible?

like all things, yes. but why harp on failures? I prefer to look at the
successes.

"Magic is the hand of faith..."

Richard Ramos
Svengali, Artificer and Spellcrafter