Kaworu Nagisa (17thangel@tokyo-3.com)
Tue, 12 Oct 1999 12:36:48 -0400

>Why harp on Princess Tenko? why not look at what Batman and Superman has
>done for pushing the influence of Anime in cartoons or what about SwatCats?

 Oh yeah... I forgot Swat Kats. That's one cool cartoon.

> what about Spawn? I can easily say that there are a lot of other horrible
>anime out there too you know! Am not impressed with the Fatal Fury stuff,
>neither am I impressed with Dragonball Z, nor am I impressed with a lot of
>other stuff...just as I'm sure a lot of people here are also not impressed
>with Gundam Wing, or X or Stardust memories (which I like). It is all a
>matter of personal taste. Anime is a style, and yes, it is Japanese, but
>then so what? Gundam was influenced by StarWars stormtroopers. ooh, look,
>lightsabers. As for definite ending, character development, aesthetics and
>realistic fantasy...hey, why not see Spawn. yes, it may be heavy handed,

 Wait, what I meant with "aesthetics" is... well, try
 comparing the mecha designs of Battletech with that
 of Macross or Gundam. I think you'll see what I mean.

>but it has a certain grittiness that I like over anime. also, why not look
>at stuff like the Last Unicorn and Flight of Dragons? aren't they great?

 The Last Unicorn? Wasn't that an anime? Cool! Flight of
 the Dragons sounds familiar...

>I dunno. it's just that saying only Japanese can do Anime and NO ONE else
>should sounds really...ugh.

 Well, if non-Japanese will do anime and keep the nice
 anime elements intact, fine. But what if they don't?
 Wouldn't that be just horrible?

Kaworu Nagisa (aka Veilchen)