Kaworu Nagisa (17thangel@tokyo-3.com)
Tue, 12 Oct 1999 11:54:32 -0400

On Sat, 09 Oct 1999 01:23:06 +0800 Richie Ramos <gaijin@i-manila.com.ph> wrote:
>> It's not really weird at all... with the kind of
>> "cartoon identity" the western TV has established,
>> such is commonplace in almost every society around
>> the world. Ironically, to them, they probably think
>> of people like us weird.
>> See? This is what I meant by saying that the western
>> people should never ever get into directing or making
>> anime. They just have a completely different mentality
>> from the asians... particularly that of the Japanese.
>>Kaworu Nagisa (aka Veilchen)
>
>I dunno about that, that sounds suspiciously so isolationist. anyway, i
>would love to see what the matrix guys would do with an anime studio to
>help them, or maybe some people who grew up watching anime but are
>westerners -- or any other nationality other than Japan. The idea is to
>let it spread, and if the Japanese just keep on being the ones doing it
>over and over again, sooner or later, one gets an overdose.

 Yeah, but don't you think that is better than getting
 stuff like Princess Tenko? Sure, some western animation
 may be nice and all, but you know what it lacks? A good
 story that has a definite ending, character development,
 aesthetics, and a good dose of realistic fantasy.

Kaworu Nagisa (aka Veilchen)