Sat, 9 Oct 1999 22:22:12 -0400

>> on the practical side...these kits won't have recyclable parts...The MG
>> shiki would have used MKII parts, but the Rick Dias would have no precedent
>> parts. Yhe Kampfer could conceivably use parts from both Dom or Zaku, but
>> not major parts. The Sazabi? Dream on...

Thats where I disagree, the 100 might resemble the Mk II in ways its kind of
impossible to make it from Mk II parts without Lots ( I do Mean lots) of
modifications. Hyaku Shiki will have to be a whole new kit, this is I guess
the reason Bandai Chose to make it HGUC. As for the Rick Dias it could use the
100's Back-pack buy thats all I guess.....

>But you forget that Bandai did put out a MG GP-02a which doesn't have
>recyclable parts at all. Not to mention Zeta Gundam. Bandai could put
>out another MG kit that doesn't have recyclable parts.

Well they have to start somewhere. They have to make something. The Zeta is
one of the most well known MS's in Gundam and GP02 is a smart way to go since
0083 has been released oversea's and is doing quite well not to mention the
domestic market. Besides bandai can easily make Z+ and Z II also Z+ A1.

>Just out of curiosity, the impression that I got from the GML was that
>MG Zeta wasn't profitable for Bandai. What about GP-02a?

MG Zeta?!! Its one of the better selling kits.

- Roger