Mark Simmons (scorpio@best.com)
Fri, 8 Oct 1999 11:02:54 -0700

Richie Ramos writes,

>I dunno about that, that sounds suspiciously so isolationist. anyway, i
>would love to see what the matrix guys would do with an anime studio to
>help them, or maybe some people who grew up watching anime but are
>westerners -- or any other nationality other than Japan.

  Like Aeon Flux's Peter Chung, whose "Alexander" is now airing in Japan.
Or the HBO Spawn cartoon, which is animated by Japan's famous Studio
Madhouse. I'm sure we'll see more and more examples in the coming years.
(And, of course, much of the actual production work for Japan's anime
output is farmed out to China and Korea - so _they_ evidently aren't
fussy about ideological purity!).

-- Mark