Diglettdig@aol.com
Fri, 8 Oct 1999 12:22:12 EDT

In a message dated 10/8/99 10:50:42 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
17thangel@tokyo-3.com writes:

<<
>Its kinda weird, but I get the same response when someone comes into my
room,
>looks at my gundam models, and says "arent you too old for toys?" then i go
>into a rage and babble on about how they arent toys and how long they take
>put together....etc etc etc...
>--Bob

  It's not really weird at all... with the kind of
  "cartoon identity" the western TV has established,
  such is commonplace in almost every society around
  the world. Ironically, to them, they probably think
  of people like us weird.

  See? This is what I meant by saying that the western
  people should never ever get into directing or making
  anime. They just have a completely different mentality
  from the asians... particularly that of the Japanese.

 Kaworu Nagisa (aka Veilchen)

Another misconception about anime that Ive come across is that people see all
anime as just "porno cartoons" ... you cant IMAGINE how pissed I get when
people say that, especially since i dont watch that kind of anime