Kev K (fayerocks@hotmail.com)
Thu, 07 Oct 1999 05:34:11 GMT

>From: Richie Ramos <gaijin@i-manila.com.ph>
>To: gundam@aeug.org
>Subject: [gundam] just got me hygog and zugock!
>Date: Tue, 05 Oct 1999 18:40:12 +0800
>
>ahhh, thanks to my friend Alex, I now have me fine looking Hygog and Zugock
>from the 0080 series of kits. Alex, I will now get you your lovely
>G-Falcon 1/100...anyway...
>
>construction wise, these guys look like they are reissues. lots of flash,
>a bad shoulder stickjoint for the Hygog, and some blurred details are not a
>good sign.
>Anyway, here we go.
>
>The Zugock-E is a retcon of the nice one used in the OYW.
>
>plusses: good claws, nice poseability, and a very nice basic color for
>it...gray and white and with some black highlights...it's pretty massive
>for a 1/1440 Kit, easily looks bigger than an f90. The only complaints I
>have are the joints for the elbow and the knees. being plastic-on-plastic
>joints, they're bound to become loose, so I guess it's time to pull out
>knowledge concerning how to minimize this problem.
>to each his own way.
>
>the proportions are way good, with it lkooking very credibly menacing. the
>claws are large enough to really grab onto an 0080 GM and shake it around.
>
>The Hygog, on the other hand is a mixed bag.
>
>It has this natural powder-bluish color which makes it look...cute, rather
>than menacing...rthe arms, inlike the kapule, are jointed at every segment,
>so it is very poseable, but the problem is that these joints are
>plastic-to-plastic, and so are the elbow and kness (a feature of these
>kits, it seems). the claws for the Hygog are an interesting thing...there
>are three sets of four claws each. each set is a claw in a different
>position, from straight to bent outward. mixing these claws and plugging
>em into the arm wil get the dsired pose. just experiment. it also comes
>with parts for the arm still in the canisters, along with two missiles, to
>be launched from the palm. the shoulders pads have polycaps that prevent
>them from sagging loosely, and the legs are nicely done. my only complaint
>is that the polycaps in teh shoulder aren't properly anchored, and so tend
>to be needed to be fixed into place.
>
>aside form that, though, they look cool and massive, and definitely are
>nasty enemies....I can now understand why they have this incredible
>psychologica factor..
>
>I am planning to custom paint these two, and memphasize their
>non-humanoidness.
>
>"Magic is the hand of faith..."
>
>Richard Ramos
>Svengali, Artificer and Spellcrafter
>ICQ#12914919
>(I currently write for http://www.localvibe.com - Changing The Way You See
>Your City!)
>

>-

Yeah I got these two models too for quite a while. They look amazing and
striking. Like you've mentioned the joints aren't done too good. My
Zugock's joint is already squeaking from all the looseness whenever it's
been tilted or manipulated. The only solution is to replace them with
polycaps if you can, but for me I'll just let it stay the way they are since
the parts are already been glued. Hygog, the only thing that bugs me is the
length and moveability of the arms. The arms are shorter than the actual
length. If you look at the resin versions, you'll notice how long those
arms are. Yeah flexibility, don't know if anyone can make the arms bendable
instead of them moving foward and backward motion. But I'm crossing my
fingers for the MG versions to come out. :) Have fun building these
baddies.