Matt Hanyok (mhanyo1@umbc.edu)
Wed, 6 Oct 1999 22:11:25 -0400

> I have noticed that people on the gundam ML really like Macross... a lot!
So I
> was wondering who here has actually seen Gundam before macross? I saw
Gundam
> 0079 when I was like 6 or 7 and recently reading the Gundam ML, It seems
that
> Macross seems more popular here than Gundam. So, just out of curiosity I
was
> wondering who here has seen gundam First?

Well, I saw robotech when it originally aired in the US, but I was 5 or 6 at
the time. Around 92 or 93 I had a run-in with gundam, and knew a little bit
about it before I saw robotech again, or Macross II. Don't know if that
counts or not, but I liked Gundam more than Macross at the time, and still
do. (Plus was great, but 7, well, I don't like it. I'll put it that way.)

> Oh yeah, doesn't Gundam seem to be the Japanese version of Star Trek? I
mean
> here you have trekkies and there you have gundam fans( no offense to you
all
> because I'm a big gundam fan). And doesn't Macross seem like Babylon 5
like
> something similar but not quite but also with lots of fans?
>
> I mean I know these are stupid questions but I really curious about this.
>
> - Roger

actually, I think that was a pretty good analogy.

Matt "chicks are cool" Hanyok
http://deruberhanyok.freeservers.com/
"Okay, but I'm going to need 10 full kegs, a continuous loop tape of 'Louie,
Louie' and a regulation two-story panty raid ladder." - Bender, Futurama