reika (reika@clear.net.nz)
Thu, 07 Oct 1999 00:31:31 +1300

Richie Ramos wrote:

> The only complaints I
> have are the joints for the elbow and the knees. being plastic-on-plastic
> joints, they're bound to become loose, so I guess it's time to pull out
> knowledge concerning how to minimize this problem.

have you thought of applying some wax to it. I haven't tried it myself,
mainly because I am only just returning mack to modelling. Try
something like waxy lip balm, and apply that to the joints. You should
get (hopefully) smoother movement and firmer posability from that.

> to each his own way.
>
> the proportions are way good, with it lkooking very credibly menacing. the
> claws are large enough to really grab onto an 0080 GM and shake it around.

Claws are huge. I'm going to make a damaged RX-78-2 shield for mine to
grab onto :)

> I am planning to custom paint these two, and memphasize their
> non-humanoidness.

the Zugok-E is has the colours reversed cf the Zugok from TOS, ie where
the light blue was on the original, the there is dark on Type E and vice
versa. I was wondering myself what colours to paint my standard Zugok,
submarine black, or the Gion red and yellow...until I drove pass MacD's
and realised the Zion colours are also Ronald's colours, *urk*.

Finally I decided on my pattern (note not colour scheme):
distal parts of the limbs and back pack as per RF Zugok (F90) (and feet
as per Gundam MkII)
proximal parts of limbs and body as per Zugok E

it isn't assembled yet. Just waiting on some paint to dry.

--
      Big bore exhausts are for V8 wannabes