Tomonaga (Tomonaga@xtra.co.nz)
Tue, 05 Oct 1999 10:17:00 +1300

A Gundam book I bought in Japan in 1981 states that the Bazooka is ostensibly
used for taking out enemy MS and ships from long range. The Giant Bazooka used
by the Doms can take out a Magellan/Salamis class ship with one shot. And
remember the Zeons didn't develop beam weapons for MS until after they fought
with the White Base MS, and the Bazooka is an effective, low tech, economical
alternative for destroying ships.

The slow firing rate, limited ammo,' low ' projectile velocity is offset by the
range, explosive power and difficult detection of the Bazooka rounds. On Earth,
in ground combat, a direct hit isn't necessary to disable a MS/tanks/bunkers
etc. And unless the Bazooka launch was detected visually, you wouldn't know what
hit you.

Tet