Vince Leon (vleon@u.arizona.edu)
Mon, 4 Oct 1999 10:38:31 -0700

The paint should not be that thick. It might be an old bottle in which
case I recommend throwing it away and get a new bottle. If you really want
to thin it out, then try rubbing alcohol; but only a little at a time.

You should always wash the kit first with warm water and dish washing soap,
then a coat of primer. Yes, the primer will help.

Things you can use to remove paint from a kit.
Castrol Super Clean (buy at auto stores),
Fantastic, Formula 409
chlorine bleach (works good on chrome, maybe not paint),
Vince Leon
vleon@u.arizona.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: Winn Sevilla [SMTP:winn@nsclub.net]
Subject: [gundam] Problems with paint.

I've been painting this HG Tallgeese III 1/100... and lately I've been
having problems...
The paint, FLAT WHITE, Tamiya brand is sooo hard to use. The damn thing is
sooo thick but the distribution is so uneven... I ended up with a THICK
body part of the tallgeese and it doesn't look good. The darn paint is hard
to "thin"... so...

How do I thin this paint? Do I use Tamiya thinner? but that means if it's
more thinner, It can't take up the gaps and it will fall off easily...
Should I use a primer first before putting some on? Will that help?
Is it better to use AUTOMOTIVE paint from cars? I mean, they do adhere to
the surface right? so, I get to use a air spray right? or maybe just a
brush?

* If I am to get off the white paint that's currently on the body... how do
REMOVE it COMPLETELY?
Dip it in thinner?
Scrape off the paint?
or dab thinner on a piece of cloth and rub away ?