Richie Ramos (gaijin@i-manila.com.ph)
Sun, 03 Oct 1999 17:16:36 +0800

>I know what you mean, I was just getting silly :) I was comparing the Flat's
>feet with high heels. Someone said something about the Flats feet not
bearing
>or looking strudy and sinking into the ground, but the Flat, like women with
>high heels, still walks just fine and doesn't sink into the ground unless
its
>soft, muddy, etc and like high heels, the Flats feet can support weight. I
>really don't care if it could walk in real life or not, its a robot from a
>science ficiton anime, you know?
>Aaron

Exactly...those designs are meant to be fantastic, LOL! I've always
wondered though, whether it's the ground that will cave in or if the legs
will buckle first. Do we already have material technology good enough to
withstand the stresses that large mechanical legs will go through? or
should that also be considered part of sci-fi as well?

"Magic is the hand of faith..."

Richard Ramos
Svengali, Artificer and Spellcrafter
ICQ#12914919