MS06ZAK@aol.com
Sat, 2 Oct 1999 23:46:01 EDT

In a message dated 10/2/99 6:46:58 PM Central Daylight Time,
BlazeEagle@aol.com writes:

<<
 Well, I haven't gotten the 1/100 Turn A yet, but for me, its because its
 shield and gun can be stored on its back and the opening chest missiles
 launchers. I like the 1/100 scale alot, that's my main reason for wanting
the
 1/100 Turn A kit. >>
Well I have both and I must admit the opening chest thing on the 1/100 is
kinda crappier then I expected. the two flaps on the bottom always fall out.
 And there are big gap areas in the chest to accomodate a couple of the
opening flaps. I almost prefer the interchangable 1/144 chest piece better.
But I love the separate fighter and the cockpit details. IT isn't that bad
and it is much closer to the correct colors. Painting the yellow shoulder
parts is a pain on the 1/144 because you have to undercoat it with white so
the paint gets kinda thick. Whereas the 1/100 has almost everything molded
in the correct color so you don't have to paint as much. Not that I really
mind painting. I just hate having to put more transparenter colors like red
or yellow on top of dark plastic since you need to undercoat everything.alot
to get the colors to look right.

Jason