Kev K (fayerocks@hotmail.com)
Sat, 02 Oct 1999 23:21:12 GMT

>From: "Su, Rodrick" <rsu@tigana.com>
>To: "'gundam@aeug.org'" <gundam@aeug.org>
>Subject: RE: [gundam] The battle of A Bao A Qu
>Date: Sat, 2 Oct 1999 09:06:17 -0700

Also let's not forget that the Zeons were caught by surprise when the Feds
used the Solar System weapon to annihilate the big fleets stationed in
Solomon. Let's not forget the Zeons weren't too organized in their
counterattacks. The majority of the Solomon survivors went to Axis for
refuge. And the force stationed in Granada did absolutely nothing or that
how it seemed when they showed the series. So the Zeons weren't really using
their whole army's might to counter the Feds. What bugs me is the fact
Giren didn't use his solar weapon against the Feds during the battle of A
Bao A Qu. That could've been a big difference. One big shoot concentrated
on the core of the fleet and bye-bye resistance. That happened in the end
of Zeta gundam. Any Zeta fans here? ^_^
    One interesting point though, the major aces we see Zeons lost are those
who went to tackle against gundam. You mentioned that the Zeons were filled
with the majority of their pilots fresh from the school. But isn't that's
the same with the Feds?? I mean the Zeons established their MS training
camps much earlier than the Feds. And we saw the GM out only during the
middle of OYW. That means the Feds couldn't have developed that many aces in
a short time compared to the Zeons. So shouldn't the Zeons have more
advantage over the Feds?? I would have to agree with you that is the
overwhelming numbers of capital ships that really made the difference.