Mark Kuettner (mkuett@hotmail.com)
Sat, 02 Oct 1999 11:39:29 PDT

> > Just wondering does anyone know how to get the faded look that those
>bandai
> > people do on models? (not weathering,I know how to do that)
> >
> > - Roger
>
>I almost want to say it's a trick of light. Occasionally The light comes in
>at odd angles and I get the odd, faded effect you're talking about on some
>parts of it. I'm not sure though, I just put 'em together and detail 'em.
>
>Is Probe still on the list? He would probably know.
>
>Matt "pointless babble" Hanyok

Probe is currently residing on the Anime-Models ML, waiting for the
Golden Days of the GML to return again before he comes back to the list :)
Actually, I think he's waiting for Turn-A to pass :) So I will impart a
helpful hint on his behalf: Pastels. You can get them at art stores; use a
pastel slightly darker than the base color of paint you have applied, grind
up and apply gently around the edged or panel lines of the model. This is a
cheaper alternative to airbrushing...light dust coats of a lighter color
also work.

Mark Kai