Su, Rodrick (rsu@tigana.com)
Sat, 2 Oct 1999 09:09:33 -0700

Dom and Rick Dom were not supposed to be a general purpose MS that Zaku II
were. They were designed to fill a very specialized role, and it greatly
exceeded the original design specification. Since Zaku's replacement
Gelgoog ran into design and production problem, Dom were dragooned into the
stop-gap role.

As other have mentioned, Dom and Rick Dom were meant to fire their bazooka
at large target.