Su, Rodrick (rsu@tigana.com)
Sat, 2 Oct 1999 09:06:17 -0700

Remember an overwhelming number of GM can make up the difference between
experience and inexperience. As for GM, it is just a bit worst off than
Gelgoog, with the vast majority of medium to great Zeon pilots being killed
@ Solomon, Zeon has been filling Rick Dom and Gelgoog with student pilots
like Bernie Wiseman of 0080. By then, Federation have had some pilots of
great abilities like Burning and Sanders.

> Well, my speculation is this, the Zeons lost the
> battle because
> they lost all their valuable Tacticians. Giren Zabi, he's
> very much like a
> Hitler figure, extremelly cunning and a master tactician.
> Kishiria Zabi,
> don't know much about her tactic abilities but I assume she's
> not very far
> from Giren. Delaz, ran away, nuff' said. ^_^ So without
> these commanders
> in action the whole Zeon army were probably all confused and
> had no clue
> what to do. It's really a shame to see it end this way. I
> expect the Feds
> to Nuke A Bao A Qu or something. Hehe I guess after seeing
> the game Giren's
> Greed I've been craving for the alternative ending. So this
> is only my
> speculation, no real proofs or anything so don't go picky on
> details. I
> just want to share my views with fellow gundam fans.

I won't debate about Giren's intelligence, but I will say that he appeared
to have several blind spots in his thinking. In his quest for power, he
horded all of the good stuff for his domain, The Home Defense Fleet. If
Solomon had gotten its fair share of Gelgoog, it wouldn't have been the
bloodbath that it became. With that in mind, he managed to loose some of
his best pilots on Solomon.