Kaworu Nagisa (17thangel@tokyo-3.com)
Sat, 2 Oct 1999 10:21:54 -0400

>as i said, why not? it will add new blood to anime. There's always teh
>complaint that gundam is already looking like derivatives of itself, so why
>notinject something utterly new? Sure, it may be ugly, it may be utterly
>ridiculous, but the fact is, it will get minds working in different ways.

 Haven't you realized that western cartoons lack a lot of
 things that made them less successful in comparison to
 anime in general? Now, you want anime to be stained w/
 such a thing? You know, the Japanese have a totally
 different culture than the Western people, and it shows
 in the kind of animation (story) they have. For example,
 Syd Mead's MS designs... eventhough Tomino approved of it, it was still Syd who designed it. I mean, an apple
 will never be an orange no matter what you try to do to
 it. You see what I'm getting at? I guess part of what
 makes anime so great is the elements it has that we
 don't find in it's western counterparts. IMO, let's
 just leave it at that. Look what a mess-up has become
 of the tokusasu series the US companies have adapted,
 Masked Rider... VR Troopers... Power Rangers... geez...
 If I'm not mistaken, they've also made a lot of lousy
 anime dubbing and adaptation in the past. What makes you think they'd actually make a good anime when all these
 years they've known of anime and still refused to learn even a few good points from it to improve their own?

Kaworu Nagisa (aka Veilchen)