Sat, 2 Oct 1999 05:22:24 -0700 (PDT)

--- -Z- <Z@Gundam.Com> wrote:

> Char's whereabouts are uncertain from the end of the
> One Year War, 31 December 0079, to his return to the

> Earth Sphere as Quattro Vezina, 21 December 0084. He

> escaped from A'Bao'A'Qu on a ship that purportedly
> took him to Granada and from there to Axis, where he
> became involved in some way, never made clear, with
> Haman Khan. (snip)... Char would've been officially
> about 26 (the birthdate of his assumed identity
being
> UC 0057) and in actuality about 24 -- half again as
> old as Haman -- suggesting that he may have taken
> advantage of her romantically to improve his
position
> with Axis.

Actually, the whereabout of Char and Haman after
"0083" is disclosed in "New MS Senki: Mobile Suit
Gundam Short Story Collection" (published by Dengeki
Comics, Japan), a one-volume collection of Gundam
comic series written and drawn by the famous Kazuhisa
Kondo. In the short story "Jupiter (Zeus) in Operation
Titan U.C. 0083", a team of Federal Force (Titans) MS
made a surprise attack at a (Axis) Zeon's secret
mining base on Jupiter's satellite, Ganymede. The
Fed's MS were swiftly wiped out by the wire-guided
weapons fired from a Zeon newtype MS. It turns out its
pilot is Haman Khan, testing the AMX-103P "Waiqueure",
a newtype-use prototype MS and a testbed for the
eventual AMX-103 "Hama Hama" that appeared in "ZZ
Gundam". Haman was accompanied and tutored,
Lalah-style, by none other than Char, who was piloting
MS15plus "Gyan EX" (an advanced version of YMS-15
"Gyan", and a precede model for Neo-Zeon's AMX-104
"R-Jarja"). The practice was cut short by an incoming
"Gundam" which almost took out "Waiqueure" and Haman,
but dispelled by Char in the last minute. Both parties
retreated, and the "Gundam" turns out to be the 3rd
prototype of Titan's RX-178 "Gundam mkII", piloted by
Peptimus Scirocco, the commander of Fed's "Jupitorus"
space transport stationed in Jupiter orbits. Scirocco
told his colleague, "Gundam doesn't suit me at all",
before they returned to "Jupitorus".

And btw, the correct date of Char sneaked back to
Earth was September 21, UC 0084, not December.

=====
Nightingale
http://side7.gundam.com/newtype_asylum/