Kaworu Nagisa (17thangel@tokyo-3.com)
Fri, 1 Oct 1999 11:37:57 -0400

>>actually, the reasons you state (turn A breaks away
>>from the mold, while the other alternate universe
>>gundams don't) are why some of us like the other
>>gundams and dislike the turn A. ;)
>>
>>while we're talking strictly mechs, there are certain
>>designs and appearances that make a gundam a gundam.
>>just like there are certain designs that make a
>>valkyrie a valkyrie.
>>
>>i guess there's a certain thing about tradition that i
>>like. turn A broke away from the mold, but it seems
>>like it did so, for the sheer sake of doing so. just
>>for the heck of it. that wasn't a good move, for me.
>>
>>-garrick
>
>That was right on the money! I couldn't have said it
>better.

 Regarding the mecha design thing, I would just like to
 add that Gundams from all series whether UC or not, are
 bound by a relative appearance that tells you "this MS
 is a Gundam". The head design to be particular. The idea
 was excessively exploited in G Gundam wherein you even
 get to see "Gundam-heads" everywhere. No matter what the
 color or anatomy is, you can tell it's a Gundam. I don't
 think this is true for the Turn-A though... color it
 without your usual Gundam color schemes and I doubt
 you'll think it's a Gundam at first glance.

Kaworu Nagisa (aka Veilchen)