Fri, 01 Oct 1999 00:23:39 -0400

Mark Simmons wrote:

> It's just given by thruster. However, it's pretty clear that the 0083
> staff deliberately halved the Rick Dom II's thrust to bring it in line
> with other contemporary mobile suits - as I pointed out, they changed its
> turn time accordingly, and also halved the Gelgoog Jaeger's thrust for
> its reincarnation as Cima's Gelgoog. If the Rick Dom II really had an
> additional hundred tons of thrusters tucked under its skirt, it would
> have a total thrust 1.5 times that of the GP01, and about three times
> that of the supposedly-superior Gelgoog.
>
> Ignoring the potential contribution of the skirt thrusters is just a
> 0083 quirk, just as the folks who spec'd out Z Gundam and 0080 ignored
> the contribution of the foot thrusters. Evidently it's shared by the
> animators, since in 0083 the Rick Dom II and Gelgoog Marine are seldom
> shown using their skirt thrusters at all - they rely almost entirely on
> the backpack engines, with occasional boosts from the feet.

    Hmm, thanks for the clarification, that is a little frustrating, at least
for someone
    like me who's been trying do Mekton stats and showing how much thrust
comes
    from where. Oh well. One last question on the Rick Dom II: is there any
    difference in appearance b/w the 0080 and 0083 one? Interestingly enough,
the
    MS Enyclopedia doesnt even show the 0083 version.

    Neil