Ray Hashman (megaman@infinet.com)
Wed, 29 Sep 1999 20:58:58 -0400

> > Other than that, I don't think anybody on this list (myself included)
> >really knows how it's being received by Japanese viewers, and almost
> >nobody here has seen any of the spisodes (I've only seen the first two).
> >Critiquing the designs and what we know third-hand about the story is all
> >well and good, but don't mistake it for first-hand commentary based on
> >actually watching the show. ;-)

According to a friend of mine, it's a mixed opinion out there. (He's
studying in Japan even now and Turn A is is first view of Gundam.) He's
sent me the first 15 eps from the series, and it does start out a bit slow,
but gets much better as it goes along. He likes the series so far and
thinks the story is oprogressing nicely. He prefers a storyline to the
animation quality anyway, so if that matters to you, take it for what it's
worth. There does seem to be a drive to an upcoming event, but it's not
nearly revealed by ep. 15. (Which is a recap ep.)