Matt Hanyok (mhanyo1@umbc.edu)
Tue, 28 Sep 1999 18:25:06 -0400

> It was the first sanctioned Gundam designed by a gaijin, Syd Mead, who's
> done designs for a few Hollywood films and was best remembered for his
> designs used in Blade Runner. It was supposed to be a perfect marriage
> between the West and the East, but what we got is... what the Japanese now
> dub the "national shame".

okay, do people in Japan REALLY refer to it as the "national shame"? I mean,
It can't be THAT bad, right? Sure, some people have complaints about the
mecha design but geez, that's an awfully harsh thing to refer to it as. I
think it's cool that Tomino's back and doing something different with
Gundam.

> >The weapons? The pilot? The mustache!?
>
> The cockpit's location? And its removability?

The sleek curves? The great animation? The sharp points? The detail lines on
the armor?

Honestly, I just think it's a departure from the typical gundam look that
has so many people disliking it. It's definitely a more western style robot,
but like I said above, different people, different tastes. Just trying to
throw out some of the good points.

Matt "pointless babble" Hanyok
http://deruberhanyok.freeservers.com/
"Amazing. You spoke all that but didn't actually say anything."