garrick lee (kapshiaw@yahoo.com)
Sat, 25 Sep 1999 22:28:02 -0700 (PDT)

hmmm...that's funny. i'm of two minds (again) on EW.

EW ending, just like F91, rubbed me the wrong way. i
hate definite closures and "happily ever after", in
the same way i hate indefinite "this is only the
beginning" closures. errrgh!

there is that "let's make it like the good old days"
self-inflating quality in EW that was targetted
specifically at g wing fans. while that's most
certainly logical, it doesn't do much for people who
disliked g wing. EW did two things for me -- what i
liked in g wing, i liked even more (the duo maxwell
antics, wufei ranting, utopian ideal of pacifism).
what i disliked, i disliked even more (upstart kids
running the world, loophole ridden political pretzels)

while i enjoyed watching EW, i have to say critically,
that i could have lived without watching EW. it
didn't really advance the AC universe in any way, and
the entire EW could have (should have?) been included
in the g wing series. at least...that's what i
think...

-garrick