Kev K (fayerocks@hotmail.com)
Sun, 26 Sep 1999 04:12:09 GMT

>From: BlazeEagle@aol.com
>To: gundam@aeug.org
>Subject: Re: [gundam] Turn-A
>Date: Sat, 25 Sep 1999 20:54:27 EDT
>
>In a message dated 9/25/99 5:12:15 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
>gaijin@i-manila.com.ph writes:
>
> > To be honest, I don't know exactly why I like it. It looked just a damn
> > sight better once assembled, with all the line detail and the unusual
>(for
> > gundam) proportions...i just fell in love with it gradually.
>
>Some way here. I like the Turn A, but don't know why I like it. After I
>built the kit, I started to like the Turn A more and more.
>
>Aaron
>
>Aaron
>
>-

Actually I don't own a Turn A model YET. Some people complain how ugly the
gundam looks. But actually I'm glad that it looks different from its
predecessors. Reason? Well let's just say the new spawns of gundam series
ruined the whole gundam image. No offence to any alternate gundam fans out
there, but I just can't appreciate the new series that has nothing to do
with the UC timeline. But what really bothers me it how they take the basic
gundam designs(the face, beam saber and etc..) and abuse it in these
spinoffs. Now some might hate me by saying this but that's how I felt after
watching these spinoffs. The only thing that can catch my attention is the
UC timeline stories. Now Turn A, that's a very interesting subject. Yes we
know that it's an alternative timeline spin off BUT it doesn't use the old
gundam designs we see in the other spinoffs and that is why I respect this
gundam design more. It's original,wacky and abstract. In a way this breaks
off the typical gundam design we see all time. I'm glad to see this change.
I like to see originality in a new series and not recycled contents. I
guess that's how Tomino felt and decided to go for a non-gundam look for his
new series. Well I must say he did a good move. And what if this new
series doesn't sell as well as the older ones? Well, they can always go
back to the UC timeline. The possibilities are endless. Now before I wrap
up I know everyone is entitled to give their opinions and I respect that but
I just hope I didn't offend anyone by saying what I had to say about the new
gundam. Because I do like the new design.