Chris Beilby (cbeilby@hotmail.com)
Sun, 26 Sep 1999 02:43:21 GMT

>From: "Der UberHanyok" <mhanyo1@umbc.edu>
>To: <gundam@aeug.org>
>Subject: Re: [gundam] timeline question
>Date: Sat, 25 Sep 1999 22:30:38 -0400
>
> > The Gelgoog you saw in "0080" is MS-14J "Gelgoog
> > Jaeger" (a.k.a. "Gelgoog Sniper"), not the MS-14F
> > "Gelgoog Marine" appeared in "0083".
>
>okay, after a few people said this, I went and watched the episode again.
>It's the scene where Bernie is flying that transport into the docks.
>There's
>a red gelgoog flying around, and in one scene it eventually gets blown up.

IIRC, it does NOT get blown up. The interestring thing about this Gelgoog
is the Color scheme, which matches Char's color scheme. Of course, we know
that he's nowhere near Grenada at this point in time...

>After watching this scene a few times, I've concluded that the Jaegers must
>be predecessors to the marines. My guess, at least. Another question tho -
>what's the deal with those cylinders on the back of the skirt armor? They
>look like extensions for the thrusters, but I can't figure out their use.

Actually, they are external fuel tanks, similar to those used on several
other Space Use Mobile Suits, such as the Rick Dom.