Der UberHanyok (mhanyo1@umbc.edu)
Sat, 25 Sep 1999 22:30:38 -0400

> The Gelgoog you saw in "0080" is MS-14J "Gelgoog
> Jaeger" (a.k.a. "Gelgoog Sniper"), not the MS-14F
> "Gelgoog Marine" appeared in "0083".

okay, after a few people said this, I went and watched the episode again.
It's the scene where Bernie is flying that transport into the docks. There's
a red gelgoog flying around, and in one scene it eventually gets blown up.
After watching this scene a few times, I've concluded that the Jaegers must
be predecessors to the marines. My guess, at least. Another question tho -
what's the deal with those cylinders on the back of the skirt armor? They
look like extensions for the thrusters, but I can't figure out their use.

> By the time White Base left Side 6 (December 18, UC
> 0079). Zeonic's prototype Gelgoog and Zimmad's
> prototype Gyan was completed not too long ago, ready
> to compete for the mass-production contract. Char's
> prototype Gelgoog YMS-14 is in fact a limited edn high
> performance version assigned to ace pilots, in which
> Anavel Gato also got one (the opening of "0083").
-AND ALSO-
> Char's YMS-14 Gelgoog was already tested and certified and the field data
> gathered. They never bother to give him a normal Commander's type MS-14S
> Gelgoog because there really isn't that much difference.

Ah! I get it! Thanks guys, I almost went into complete brain relapse there,
it was really confusing me. I had just watched that part of the movie
trilogy (the third movie, when they leave side 6) when one of my friends
came over and we watched 0080, otherwise I don't think I would have caught
the little detail.

Matt "pointless babble" Hanyok
http://deruberhanyok.freeservers.com/
"Amazing. You spoke all that but didn't actually say anything."